Softaculous Ltd., the developer of Softaculous Auto Installer announces plans to launch a recent version of Softaculous 4.1.5 on 8th October. New version hope to bring about new features and fixed bugs issuess.
Softaculous 4.1.5 has following changes:
1) Softaculous version can now be displayed from CLI.
2) Bug Fix : Perl scripts were not able to upgrade. which is now fixed.
3) pre_remove and post_remove Hooks now added.
4) Bug Fix : Softaculous was failing to backup an installations if Database was very huge. It is fixed now.
5) Bug Fix : During backup/restore Softaculous was showing successful message even though the backup/restore failed. However the mails displayed the error message if backup/restore was not successfully. It is fixed now.
6) Bug Fix : A minor bug while importing and saving installation from other auto installers has been fixed.
7) Bug Fix : Emails sent for backups created displayed file extension as .zip instead of .tar.gz. It is now fixed.
8) Bug Fix : PHP Notices were displayed while executing the CRON command on server with strict error reporting. It is now fixed.
9) Scripts can now be installed from command line. NOTE: At the moment this is possible for cPanel only.
10) Bug Fix : Language string for backup and restore in Email Template option in Softaculous Admin panel was missing. It is fixed now.
11) Bug Fix : Restore process of large backups was failing due to memory exhaust. now fixed.
Softaculous Auto Installer integrates into popular hosting control panels such the popular cPanel, DirectAdmin, Plesk, H-Sphere, Interworx and ISPSystems and allows the user to install any PHP application by the click of a mouse button. There are lots of script categories like blogs, forums, micro blogs, wikis, social networking, image galleries, ERP, Project Management, Educational, etc. One can also upgrade these applications when new versions become available. Softaculous also offers Demos, Ratings, Reviews and screenshots of the various PHP applications.
The Softaculous apps library already contains popular applications, including: WordPress, b2evolution, StatusNet, Drupal, Joomla, Concrete5, phpBB, MyBB, SMF, bbPress, Coppermine, Gallery, Mediawiki, DokuWiki, TikiWiki, Elgg, Dolphin, OpenX, SquirrelMail, LimeSurvey, Piwik, Mantis, SugarCRM, WHMCS, PrestaShop, Magento, CraftySyntax, osTicket, Moodle, etc. most of which can be installed in several languages by just choosing the language on the Install form.
To address the needs of different hosting providers, Softaculous is available as a Free product or as a Premium product. The Free version has only 55 apps while the Premium version currently has 275 Apps.
Softaculous also launched a newly improved Client Center. “We are excited to launch a newly improved Client Center with User Friendly Interface which makes purchasing and managing Softaculous licenses faster.”
said Brijesh Kothari, Sales Head at Softaculous.
The company also offers Webuzo – a LAMP stack with Softaculous installed on a CentOS Machine. Webuzo can help any user deploy Web Apps on their Desktops or in the Office. Webuzo can also be deployed in the Cloud which helps users to access their apps from anywhere.